Copper production at full capacity at legendary Riotinto Mine
Proyecto Riotinto Highlights
- Atalaya Miningowns 100% of Proyecto Riotinto in Andalucía, Spain via its wholly-owned Spanish subsidiary:
- - Open-pit copper mine in the Iberian Pyrite Belt, 65 km northwest of Seville
- - Historical peak plant throughput of 9Mtpa reached in 1998
- - Excellent infrastructure with access to power and water- Located 75 km from smelter and major seaport
- Atalaya Mining declared commercial production as of 1 February 2016 at an initial processing rate of 5Mtpa. The Expansion Project increased processing capacity to current 9.5Mtpa and currently undertakes15M Projectto further further expand to 15Mtpa. Currently there are over 400 employees and some 400 contractors permanently working on site.
- Declared commercial production as from 1 February 2016
- - Expansion Phase: 9.5Mtpa
- - Nameplate capacity from January 2017
- - Expansion to 15Mtp ongoing
Reserves and Resources
Recently updated Statement estimates Proven and Probable Ore Reserves total 197 million tonnes at 0.42% copper (0.82 million tonnes of contained copper). Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources total 258 million tonnes at 0.40% copper.
|Total Ore Reserves||197||0.42|
|Total Measured & Indicated Resources||258||0.40|
Organic Growth Potential
Near-mine exploration activities are on-going with resource/reserve drilling update recently released. Extensive in-fill and deep-hole drilling with more than 43,400 metres of reverse circulation and diamond drilling have been completed.
Efforts have been concentrated on drilling on a closer pattern and testing extensional mineralised targets.
Grass-root regional exploration is also under way with specific attention to gravimetric anomalies identified in the Company’s exploration licences.